Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Decision to Enter IFFA

My one-month stay at IFFA and in the Philippines has been a great time of confronting myself in the deepest core of my being. I have always asked God why I have to stay here. Was my decision to come here right or wrong? In front of all these questions, God spoke to me, and I too spoke to my inner being; I need to decide to be here and not anywhere else. If I am here, then there must be a reason. Since then, I have tried my best to integrate myself in the processes of IFFA and that of my friends.

Now I feel very much satisfied with my decision. I feel happy living in IFFA. I have many new friends, who come from different cultural backgrounds in Asia. Despite our differences, I can dare say that we have a lot in common, the Asian-ness of our culture and way of life. Day by day, we continue to appreciate and understand each other more than before in the sessions and the activities we do at IFFA and at SVST. In each session, I learn many meaningful things. These help me to adjust and transform myself in many different ways, and always for the better.

Mary Thanh Thao, Vietnam
IFFAsia


You can read Mary's whole testimony, and other related articles in Asian Hearts Speak - Sept 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment