Thursday, October 1, 2009

Like a Boy

After participating in some of the sessions offered here at IFFA, I have come to realize that, really, the Holy Spirit is inside me, working within me.

I had my encounter with the Holy Spirit in February. This was indeed very personal. When I was praying during the retreat, someone approached me and told me: “Don’t use ‘I’; don’t use ‘you’!” After some time, I realized that it was the Holy Spirit talking to me.

The Holy Spirit spoke to me like a child. He never used difficult words. And I felt HE looked like a boy. Through that encounter and some other sessions I have attended, I now start thinking and making a decision to be HONEST to myself like a boy. I want to depend on the Father like Jesus. My poem expresses this better:

There is a small boy in a small village,
He wants to grow like a little flower
He uses blue water,
The water is lighter than air
His dress shines brighter than sunshine,
His name is SHIRO
Now he is dancing to grow like a little flower.

Johya Paul Kijima, Japan
IFFAsia


You can also read Paul's reflections, and other related articles in Asian Hearts Speak - Sept 2009.

1 comment:

  1. your poem is beautiful and abstract. you have a unique way of expressing your reflections. carry on.

    ReplyDelete