Thursday, October 1, 2009

Encountering My Father

My prayer life begins to consume every part of my life with God. I always ask Him for his guidance before I speak or in any decision that I want to make. I give Him full control of my life. He is ever present in my mind and heart. For me, the reality of prayer is really the fruit of faith. As I look back, there are moments when I pray and ask God for a lot of things, but when I receive them I am dissatisfied. Sometimes, I receive a sweet gift, but sometimes it turns out to be bitter. I get disappointed, and I tend to think that maybe God doesn’t know what I want. As time passes by, I come to realise that God, indeed, knows my needs. He may not give me there and then when I ask, but He surely does know what is best and when is the best time for it.

Prayer is really my energy source in all that I do. Sometimes, my human weakness gets hold of the best of me, and I feel lazy and tired, and I seem not able to concentrate during prayer. Yet my only consolation is my trust that God understands. I feel that in order to have a good relationship with God I need to learn to let go of my worries and just simply trust. I have a wonderful experience each time I meet God in prayer. I speak to Him first and He listens. Next, He speaks and I listen as his daughter. And the last step is where we both wrap ourselves in the silence of each other. I look forward to encountering my Father everyday in all that I do.

Theresa Hoang Anh, Vietnam
IFFAsia


You can also read Theresa's testimony, and other related articles in Asian Hearts Speak - Sept 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment