Monday, January 3, 2011

“Fear Not”

Before I came to the Philippines, I’ve heard from my senior that in our formation programme, we will go through Social Immersion which is full of risks and challenges. Hearing that 3 years ago and now is my turn to face the real challenges; I feel I want to escape.

I was filled with so much fear, I worried about my safety, the environment, the people and also the way we will live there. Two weeks before the immersion, I could not sleep well; just to wait for the day to come.

It was a period of difficulty for me, but with the help of our formator and senior in the institute, by listening and encouraging me; through my personal prayer as well, I feel God as my close companion and I gained more positive attitude towards the immersion.

During the immersion, I really felt that God was accompanying me every day. I saw God surrounding me in my daily life there through my foster family, my group members and leader, and also the people I encountered.


Even though the immersion was filled with challenges and realities, but I was able to overcome all the fear in me, step by step; I felt joy and peace at the end. Because of this experience, I have learnt to enjoy my day in my ordinary life.


I realise now, if God wants me to go and take the challenge, He is the One to prepare me even before I know about it. I need to trust Him, and to really believe Him as my hope and my saviour. I felt deeply that God will give me whatever I need in my life! Thanks be to God, I am grateful for this experience and the people who supported me.


By Yang Lingling, China

IFFAsia Student, Batch 2010-2011



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Lingling! This is very inspiring. Yes, cast your fears in the Lord always. Remember, if God brought you to face any challenge, He will see you through it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete