Thursday, August 5, 2010

China Summer Camp: Random Reflections


Participants to the recently held youth camp in China last July 20 - 31 share their thoughts and reflections on significant moments during the event.


Building Up the Chinese Youth

"This summer camp’s organizational scale and its effects would definitely benefit our country. I have always had this desire “to go on a pilgrimage” and through this camp, it is realized today.

Last July 20, filled with happiness, I boarded the bus for the venue and arriving there, I admired the place and felt so much at home. All the members of the service team, brimming with brilliant smiles, were welcoming the arrival of each participant. Their warmth, patience and attentive serving us took away our initial unfamiliarity. In this extremely friendly environment, I also blended with this group which exuded with Christ’s life and love.

This camp certainly helped so many young people’s faith and love to be nurtured further. Hopefully one day, it will lead the Chinese youth to the Lord allowing them to spread out in every corner and share the Lord’s love and fragrance with others."


Washing Each Other’s Feet

"This afternoon, the group dynamics on the “washing of the feet” touched me deeply. I didn’t have much predominant feelings within as I wash other people’s feet, but when it was the turn for the other person to wash my feet, I really didn’t relish it. In my daily life, the impression of not having the pardon of the Lord and that of my fellow brothers and sisters surface within me. Have I the virtue or the capability to allow others to wash my feet? As I watch my fellow brothers and sisters washing the feet of the others, I think of the future - of how I can use my heart to love and transform each brother, and also at the same time have much hope for my community to be like a devoted and loving big family.

Today, I surrender myself to wash the feet of the other, but tomorrow when I return home, can I wash the feet of my parents? Even though I think of allowing my love to be expressed, the gap between my parents and myself does not allow me to express it!

In this community I let go of myself, becoming a devoted and a loving family member, and tomorrow I take this kind of love to the big group, to my own family and to the whole society. For the moment, I hope that each one of us brothers and sisters, upon returning home, can seriously at least once wash the feet of our own parents."

Related story: Fondacio Asia Conducts Summer Camp in China

No comments:

Post a Comment